Athlete’s foot is a fungal infection of the skin occurring mostly on the feet. It can be caused by several fungus types, some of them already live on healthy skin but do not become a problem until they multiply.
Causes & Sources
An infection usually occurs via contact – walking barefoot in public places like changing rooms, showers and swimming pools are common sites for picking up fungi.
Also, the condition of the feet can increase the likelihood of an infection. Fungal infections mostly occur on moist feet, especially between the toes.
But it is only moisture that is a hotbed for fungi. Athlete’s foot can also occur on dry and flaky skin due to a lack of natural protective oils. Untreated, athlete’s foot can spread, infect the whole foot and even the toenails. It is also possible that it spreads to other areas of the body.
How to recognize athlete’s foot
Large areas of the skin on the foot are red with a fine powdery scaly coating. The thickness of the sole skin may also increase.
Intense itching and burning are common symptoms, and the skin may peel and appear cracked in some cases. Blisters may develop in rare cases, filled with pus. It may affect either small areas or the whole foot.
An untreated fungal infection may lead to secondary diseases, as other germs can enter the skin and lead to purulent abscesses for example. Also, yeast fungi can enter the skin and lead to painful skin alterations.
Untreated athlete’s foot can spread, infect the toenails and even the whole foot. On top of that it is possible that the fungal infection spreads to other parts of the body.
KleenGuard™ V20 Purity Anti-Mist Eyewear 25654 – Clear lens, Universal, 1×1 (1 glasses)
- Wrap-around protection to fit over most prescription eyewear.
- The clear safety glasses (with clear temples) allow maximum visible light transmission.
- 99.9% UVA/ UVB/UVC protection. Universal.
KleenGuard™ V30 Nemesis Eyewear 20378 – Clear lens, Universal, 1×1 (1 glasses)
- Wrap-around frame with a base curve of 8.25 to extend the range of peripheral protection.
- Comply with the ANSI / ISEA Z87.1+ standard for personal eye protection and is certified to meet the requirements of CSA Z94.3
- Polycarbonate lenses provide 99.9% UVA/ UVB/UVC protection.
- Comfortable to wear for long periods.
- Patented Flex-Dry nose piece designed for comfort with enhanced flexibility and integrated ridges to channel sweat away from the eyes, and help prevent slippage down the nose.
- Includes neck cord to keep glasses safe when not being worn.
- Stylish comfort, lasting protection with a sporty, flexible, lightweight design that your employees will be happy to wear.
KleenGuard™ G40 Foam Coated Hand Specific Gloves 40226 – Black, M/8, 1×12 pairs (24 gloves)
- PPE category 2 protection for heavy-duty tasks in mechanical, manufacturing and construction environments. EN 388 3121X
- Foam Nitrile coated palms for excellent dry grip.
- Sensitive touch for handling small parts.
- Excellent Wet and Dry Grip – good grip for light oil applications (better protection).
- Excellent Wet and Dry Grip – lowers chance of dropping things in material handling resulting in improved productivity.
- Powder free with nitrile Coating offers enhanced grip.
KleenGuard™ G60 Endurapro™ Dual Grip™ Purple Nitrile Gloves 97431 Grey & Purple, M/8, 1×12 (12 gloves)
- Provides PPE Category II protection.
- High level 3 cut resistance, Highest abrasion resistance – for enhanced efficiency and productivity.
- EN 388 4X41B. Level 4 abrasion resistance
- Ambidextrous – unique cost in use for increased efficiency and productivity.
- Conforms to EN420 – minimum cuff length – enhanced protection to wrist area.
- Nitrile coated fingertips – grip and breathability at the same time.
- Nitrile dots on palm – excellent grip.
- Suitable for washing – efficient use.
KleenGuard™ G10 Flex Nitrile Ambidextrous Gloves 38525 – white, M, 1×100 (100 gloves)
Food contact approved.
3.5mil thickness (min finger) – to guarantee dexterity.
Independently accredited – suitable for Food Handling.
Beaded cuff – to ensure protection.
Latex Free – reduces potential for Type 1 glove – associated reactions.
Powder free – helps avoid skin allergies and minimises drying effect of powder on skin.
Ambidextrous – reduces time – improves efficiency, excellent “cost in use”.
Portable dispenser box for mobility and easy access.
Textured fingertips – to help grip.
#KleenGuard™ #G10 #Nitrile; #Nitrile #Gloves #38524 #38525 #38526 #G10
KleenGuard™ G80 Chemical Resistant Hand Specific Gauntlet 25622 – Green, M/8, 1×12 pairs (24 gloves)
- PPE category 3 protection. EN 388 4102X. EN 374-1 Type A. Micro-organism protection (Bacteria, Funghi & Virus).
- Longer length to protect wrist and lower forearm and allows full immersion.
- Sand patch texturing on fingers and palm offering enhanced wet and dry grip.
- Excellent Dry and Wet Grip – good grip for light oil applications (better protection).
- Excellent Dry and Wet Grip – lowers chance of dropping things in material handling, improving productivity results.
- Excellent ergonomic design – reduces hand fatigue during prolonged use.
- Un-flocked – reduces risk of lint contamination, making it ideal in areas which are sensitive to the introduction of impurities.
- Food contact certified.